What is going on at Y & Y

Herbert Gintis hgintis at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 10:45:05 CET 2004

         This list is wonderful and I read it studiously, contributing when
I can. I use Y & Y, and I have no troubles with it any more, although
configuring it for XP was a nightmare.
         However, I will no longer recommend Y & Y to my colleagues, since
the documentation is out of date and the company appears not to care.
         How much time have you tech support people spend go over the same
problems again and again, all the fault of outdated Y & Y software. It is
very painful to watch.
         The software should install without the user having to know
ANYTHING. This is the only acceptable software standard.
         Why doesn't someone do something about this???

Herb

Herbert Gintis
External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute
Adjunct Professor, Barnard College, Columbia
University
Emeritus Professor, University of Massachusetts
15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060
413-586-7756  (Home Office) 206-984-9873 (Fax)
Recent papers are posted on my <http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis>web site.
Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0691009430/qid=1057311870/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-8882889-4632849?v=glance&s=books>Amazon.com
Look for Moral Sentiments and Material Interests,
    forthcoming from MIT Press (2004)
        There is no sorrow so great that does not find
       its background in joy.
                                                             Niels Bohr (1938)