BibTex

Frank Ganz fganz at springer-ny.com
Wed Jan 21 09:53:17 CET 2004

I have had this problem in two different situations:

1) File name was more than 8 characters. Either rename the files to conform to the old DOS 8+3 convention (also no word spaces) or get a new version of BibTeX, the one I use now is bibtex8.exe. I don't use WinEdt, so I don't know if there's an installation process to follow. I work from the command prompt.

2) The top-level .aux file asked for name.tex.aux while name.aux is the actual file name. Check the top-level .aux file and check what file name is asked for. If it indeed asks for name.tex.aux you could just take out the ".tex", save it and run BibTeX. There might be a more elagant way, but I don't know it. I also haven't checked out what causes this phenomenon.

Hope this helps.

Frank