Small caps style missing

Radek.Zakrzewski at goodrich.com Radek.Zakrzewski at goodrich.com
Wed Jan 21 11:34:43 CET 2004

As you may have guessed, I am completely ignorant regarding font
installations etc. - this was exactly the reason why I bought the YandY Tex
rather than trying to download some freeware and try to setup my own LaTeX
(I even got flamed quite badly on a LaTeX newsgroup just for asking about a
commercial package...)

Anyway, for this reason I need a somewhat clearer explanation. I understood
the first part up to the semicolon. However, the part about CM and getting
them anyway was quite cryptic. Do you suggest I should switch to (buy?) CM
fonts? Are  small caps included with CM fonts? Could you please explain?

When I was buying the YandY tex I was assuming that the different font
packages were sort of equivalent and each supported basic functions,
including such stuff as italics or small caps. Do you know what else is
missing from the MathTime font package from YandY?

Thanks for baring with my ignorant questions...:-)

Radek