pdf printing

Greg Anderson greg at geology.utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 7 12:06:49 CET 2004

Mimi-

Thanks for your help.

Everything seems OK now. I changed a couple of settings in Distiller (send
fonts; black & white) but that did not help. I know it sounds unlikely but
the problem seemd to be the 'use count0' option in DVIWindo, which was
checked. When I unchecked that the problem went away. I print to Distiller
now. Possibly some combination of Distiller settings and count0, but it
seemed to be that option. One other indication. I had no problem on a
3-page file, where using count0 would make no difference. Only on multipage
files where using count0 makes a difference.

Thanks again,

Greg Anderson.

At 04:22 PM 1/6/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>On Jan06 02:28PM, Christina Thiele wrote:
> > Greg Anderson writes:
> > >
>    <snip>
> > > I used to have no problem. I don't know what has changed.
> >
> > Oh, famous last words! That is, you may not have changed anything but
>
>     ;-)
>

>what version of  ghostscript do you have installed on your machine?
>
>and what is on page 2 of the document or perhaps page 3....
>
>does DVIWINDO show all the pages of the document ??
>
>Perhaps a missing font.  Perhaps you are  including a figure
>that has something in it that the postscript driver cannot
>interpret...   (like a photoshop file or some weird graph)
>

> > Oh, one more thing -- do a test using a .pdf file that you _know_ was
> > working before. That is, test a known working file to see if it's the
>
>   good idea
>

>mimi

Prof. Emeritus G.M. Anderson
Department of Geology