Problem with Laptop and installation

John.De-Bruyn at ujf-grenoble.fr John.De-Bruyn at ujf-grenoble.fr
Wed Jan 7 08:49:48 CET 2004

Mimi,

thanks for the suggestions. I uninstalled the keyboard driver and let
windows reinstall it, but the problem persists. This was the only (maybe)
useful action that the windows troubleshooting program suggested.

I guess I will have to try uninstalling YandY, which I'll do in a couple of
days.

I agree the problem is weird. Normally I'd be inclined to blame microsoft
but up to now my experience with windows xp suggests that it is way more
stable than previous windows operating systems.

for the record, it's a sony viao laptop, the keyboard is integrated into the
machine, and it's whatever driver came with XP - I didn't (knowingly) change
anything. I bought the computer in France, so it's a french keyboard, and
the french version of windows xp.

anyhow thanks aagain and I'll let you know if anything changes when I
uninstall TeX.

John

--
John

John R. de Bruyn          :  jdebruyn at ujf-grenoble.fr
Laboratoire de Rheologie  :  phone: +33 (0)4 76 82 51 77
38041 Grenoble Cedex 9    :  fax: +33 (0)4 76 82 51 64
France