LaTeX Help

Frank Ganz fganz at springer-ny.com
Tue Jan 6 10:04:18 CET 2004

Dear Saravanan,

This works but is not necessary. When you run your book from your working directory c:\mydir\book, LaTeX will use the .cls file stored in that directory even when you just type \documentclass{book}. In other words, book.cls that you have stored in any other path, such as c:\yandy\... won't be used but the one in c:\mydir\book. Check your .log file to confirm my statement.

Frank