No print output ... via USB port. (Follow up.)

Greg Ezra gse1 at CORNELL.EDU
Mon Aug 23 10:49:43 CEST 2004

If anyone is interested, "Printer pooling" is the key to
solving this problem.

By enabling printer pooling (Printer properties>ports), and specifying
both LPT1 and USB ports for the same printer, it is possible to
print dvi files from DVIWINDO directly to the USB port.

This leads to my next puzzle:  printer output can only be obtained if
DVIPSONE is
*not* used.  Any suggestions/explanations for this?

Thanks,

Greg Ezra

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Hello:

For many years, I have printed from my desktop PC to various postscript HP
Laser Jets (currently 6MP)
via the parallel port, LPT1.

Everything has worked smoothly.
I have used YandY LaTeX with CM, Lucida and MathTime fonts with no problems.

Now I am contemplating switching to a "laptop" compatible mode.  I therefore
would like to print to the USB port on my PC.  (XP Pro)
Setting up a USB ported version of my HP printer as the default, all other
applications work fine
*except* DVIPSONE.  (My DVIWINDO is currently 2.2.8.)

Nothing happens whan attempting to print a dvi file using
DVIPSONE.  Unchecking the
"use DVIPSONE" box yields a page of faint dashes.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Greg Ezra