No print output from DVIWINDO/DVIPSONE via USB port.

Greg Ezra gse1 at CORNELL.EDU
Sat Aug 21 23:54:39 CEST 2004

Hello:

For many years, I have printed from my desktop PC to various postscript HP
Laser Jets (currently 6MP)
via the parallel port, LPT1.

Everything has worked smoothly.
I have used YandY LaTeX with CM, Lucida and MathTime fonts with no problems.

Now I am contemplating switching to a "laptop" compatible mode.  I therefore
would like to print to the USB port on my PC.  (XP Pro)
Setting up a USB ported version of my HP printer as the default, all other
applications work fine
*except* DVIPSONE.  (My DVIWINDO is currently 2.2.8.)

Nothing happens whan attempting to print a dvi file using
DVIPSONE.  Unchecking the
"use DVIPSONE" box yields a page of faint dashes.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Greg Ezra