Lucida Fonts: purchase and installation for YandY

Walter Schmidt w.a.schmidt at GMX.NET
Mon Aug 9 21:29:56 CEST 2004

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:15:15 -0400, Christina Thiele wrote:

>It's a pleasure to see this!

Don't be too enthusiastic...

When I wrote my posting, I was not aware that a large part
of the material from CTAN is useless in a Y&Y-TeX system:

dviwindo cannot use virtual fonts, so the virtual fonts
and the related TFM and FD files to use the Lucida fonts
with T1 and TS1 ancoding are useless.   Well, at least
these files should not do any harm.  Note that the original
distribution from Y&Y cannot support T1 and TS1, either.

Walter