Buy MathTime and LB for MikTeX?

Troels Roussau Johansen troelsj at MATH.LSU.EDU
Wed Apr 21 18:39:58 CEST 2004

> Could anyone please let me know if  the installation of the above
> fonts will be easy and "fool-proof", when using MikTeX and the
> standard  utilities. What is the best/safest thing to do in my situation?

I very recently bought the 'Mathtime complete' fonts to use in conjunction
with MikTeX. After messing up my installation a few times, I realized that the
best thing to do is to disregard the installation guide completely and just
dump the font files in their relevant locations, have miktex update the
filename database and off you go (*). The only work required is to edit
config.ps (for dvips) and updmap.cfg. Everything then works fine (including
yap, dvips, dvi2pdf, ps2pdf).

You probably want to make sure, though, that you have the newest version of
mathtime.sty, and you might want to try out the package mt11p too.

I would expect the Lucida Bright fonts to work just as easily, but I haven't
tried them.

/Troels

(*) I could possibly be mistaken, as I didn't delete the previous files after
running into problems. But it is certainly an easy procedure.