Buy MathTime and LB for MikTeX?

Dirk Kroese kroese at MATHS.UQ.EDU.AU
Thu Apr 22 09:01:04 CEST 2004

Hi,

I would like to buy the lucida bright and mathtime fonts from Y&Y, but it is
not
clear to me what I should do. To be specific, I'm using MikTeX (one of the
latest versions) and emacs with cygwin as shell. This works fine with the
standard MikTeX installation. What I would like to do is to keep my present
installation and simply use packages like:

\usepackage[LY1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[LY1,mtbold]{mathtime}

What I DON'T want to do is install a new Y&Y version of latex, or have to
use Y&Y versions of dvips, ps2pdf, etc.
My operating system is Windows 2000 pro.

I asked  Y&Y for advice and they urged me to make sure that I will be able
to use the fonts perfectly before I buy them, because they are expensive.

Could anyone please let me know if  the installation of the above fonts will
be easy and "fool-proof", when using MikTeX and the standard  utilities.
What is the best/safest thing to do in my situation?

Thanks,

Dirk