Buy MathTime and LB for MikTeX?

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at CL.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Apr 22 17:35:33 CEST 2004

Dirk Kroese <kroese at MATHS.UQ.EDU.AU> wrote:

i use lucida bright on my unix machine.

i don't ordinarily reckon to use ly1 encoding (except on y&ytex), but i
put the disc into my widnoze machine (100% up-to-date miktex) and copied
the .pfb and .pfm[*] files for lucida into a folder
localtexmf\fonts\type1\yandy\lucida

i then told miktex to update maps and tried a jiffy document using ly1
encoding.  it all worked.

since i had all packages installed on my miktex system, to start with, i
guess i would have needed to install lucida and ly1 packages before i
started.

another user recently had problems with mathtime.  i don't see why, but
if you do experience troubles, there are people here who can make it
work, so do ask here rather than getting fed up with the fonts!

robin

[*] installing the .pfm files is nice, since you can double-click them
in exploder and the font viewer will pop up with a little sample.
they're actually needed if you want to install the files for use by
widnoze.