font installation in Windows 2000

LMS journals jcm at lms.ac.uk
Fri Sep 26 18:49:23 CEST 2003

Thanks, Christina -- good to hear from you! -- I'll go and tinker, and get
back to you with anything constructive that I come up with.

I used the control panel because that is what I did when I successfully
installed the xypic fonts (without any need for a reinstall!), so as a good
pavlovian puppy I did what worked (or appeared to) the last time. You get
the same progress bar whether you do that or drag and drop, but it feels
reassuring to have Windows say "install font?" and you say "yes please".

If you drag and drop the PFBs, the PFMs have to be sitting in the same
directory, even tho they don't "appear" to be doing anything.  If they
aren't, the drag and drop won't work (nor, if I remember right, does the
control panel route).

C:\winnt\fonts is where all my fonts live -- has always been that way on
this machine.

Can you confirm that if I save my .ini file and reinstall (uninstall first??
-- just at the control panel, or a full uninstall, if so???) I won't lose
the new bibtex and hyperref etc. that we all went to so much trouble to get
me...

Have a good weekend

Sue