Bullets

Maurizio Vianello mauvia at mate.polimi.it
Thu Sep 25 11:28:18 CEST 2003

At 14.23 23/09/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>At 9/23/2003 at 01:41 PM, you wrote:
>>I am running Y&Y tex system (version 2.2) under win2000 pro.
>>
>>I get "small bullets" using Lucida fonts in itemize envrs. I tried the
>>patch suggested on the help page, as in the file here below, with no result.
>>Nothing changes if I comment out the line with the [LY1] fontenc command.
>>
>>Everything is OK if I use CM fonts.
>

>\usepackage[expert,mathitalic1,altbullet]{lucidabr}
>
>expert -- if you have the Lucida expert font set (included with Y&Y
>complete Lucida set)
>
>mathitalic1 -- uses a more traditional math italic variant  (the other
>choice is mathitalic2)
>
>altbullet -- uses heavier bullets
>

>The "lucidabry" package shown in your example is an older version. The
>most current is "lucidabr".
>
>Does that help?

Yes, but not exactly. If I use

\usepackage[altbullet]{lucidbry}

I get nice correct bullets, and this solves my problem.

If I use

\usepackage[altbullet]{lucidabr}

bullets are OK but text is CM rather than Lucida (!!!)

The files lucidabr.sty and lucidbry.sty which I have in my PC seem to refer
to the same date (1999/03/29). Actually, lucidbry.sty is very short and
points to lucidabr.sty.

Finally,

if I load package a4.sty
AFTER loading lucidbry.sty I get a shorter page than if I do the opposite.

Does anyone know the correct order to load packages?

Ciao

Maurizio