Font problem

Mike Prager Mike.Prager at noaa.gov
Mon Sep 15 08:57:47 CEST 2003

At 9/12/2003 at 10:48 AM, you wrote:
>Robin Fairbairns writes:
> >
> > >          None of  obvious fixes worked (making sure all the font
> files were
> > > intact, etc.). Finally, I reinstalled Y & Y 2.2 and that fixed
> everything.
> > > I have no idea why.
> >
> > this is the sort of problem clear-up that i find deeply unsatisfactory
> > (after all, what do we say to people who find themselves stuck in the
> > same way, in the future?).
>
>Agreed! Black-box magic indeed. And yet, you know, so often we've seen
>just this approach recommended/suggested when things go awry.
>
> > however, i'm delighted to hear the problem's gone, for you :-)
>
>Indeed. This one can now go into my `techsupport-done' folder ;-))
>
> > robin

 From all the reports and my experiences, it seems that Y&Y (especially
DVIPSONE) does not work well in finding fonts under Windows XP unless ATM
Deluxe is used.  Another user here had absolutely no luck, despite
installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, and so on, until he used ATM to
manage the fonts.  This need work by Y&Y.  The documentation is also
confusing, scattered, and out of date.

--
Michael Prager      <Mike.Prager at noaa.gov>
NOAA Center for Coastal Fisheries and Habitat Research

NOTE: Opinions expressed are personal, not official. No government
endorsement of any product is made or implied.