eps files from Illustrator

Tom Kacvinsky tkacvins at cox.net
Fri Sep 12 21:29:26 CEST 2003

For the lists edification, the problem was an embedded TIFF
(or WMF) preview.  There are ways of telling Illustrator to
not embedded a preview using the EPS save dailog box option,
but there are times when an author/editor/whomever doesn't
follow directions and it is up to the technical people to get
rid of the preview.  Siepe Krooneberg sent me the seeds of
a perl script that does the stripping of an embedded preview,
and I fleshed it out into something I can use at my day job.
I sent a bit of that script to Penny to suit her needs...

Tom