cmr and mt problems under Win2k

Barbara Beeton bnb at ams.org
Tue Sep 2 11:29:20 CEST 2003

just one comment on christina's mention of kopka & daly:

    ... The best reference I've found on understanding error and
   warning messages is Kopka and Daly's _A Guide to LaTeX2e_ (2nd
   ed). However, there's now a 3rd edition (so it may not even have that
   `2e' appended to `LaTeX' anymore) which obviously is a newer version
   to acquired. Anywys, it's got a section on font error messages and
   another on font warnings. ...

there's a 4th edition in press as we speak.  it should be
"on the street" in a month or two.  and yes, the "2e" is
no longer part of the title.

regardless of edition, kopka & daly, for my money, is the
best general latex manual for either beginners or experienced
latex users.
							-- bb