Copy/Paste into Corel

Michael Zedler zedler at ei.tum.de
Wed Oct 29 15:45:08 CET 2003

Hello,

I just ordered Y&Y-TeX in order to easily copy and paste formulae into
Powerpoint-presentations.
Here, I've got a little problem:
1) The Slides are not for me, they need to work on _any_ computer, both
PC and Mac (my bosses computer) -> no special fonts may be installed on
the system (it must work on a plain Mac/PC)
2) The Slides need to remain editable -> no conversion to pdf possible,
either

I thought of two solutions:
1) Use the pack&go feature or Powerpoint -> not possible, because only
ttf can be packed
2) a) Paste the formulae into CorelDraw/Illustrator/Freehand, let them
be converted to outlines/paths (making them basically line art;
eliminating references to fonts) and then, b) copy the converted formula
into Powerpoint -> pasting into the graphics program doesn't work; the
characters are scattered around -> useless
3) Make screenshots from the pdf that contains the formulae -> my boss
can move them around and add text -> works, but quite clumsy, in
particular if he decides to magnify a formula. (And I don't need Y&Y then)

Anybody any idea?
Thanks in advance,
Michael

--
Dipl. Ing. Michael Zedler
Lehrstuhl für Hochfrequenztechnik, TU München
Mail: zedler at ei.tum.de