Dviwindo and monitor in position vertical

Manuel Ato Garcia matogar at um.es
Mon Nov 24 10:48:17 CET 2003

Hi all:

  Is there anybody using DVIWINDO with a monitor 90º tilted, in vertical
position?
There are now a few TFT monitors with this interesting characteristic and many
graphic cards permit to change the orientation of monitors toward a vertical
orientation.

  I am using a Pentium 2.6 with a compatible NVIDIA GEFORCE 2 MX 400, a
MAXDATA BELINEA 17" monitor and Windows XP. All programs I use with monitor
in vertical orientation (Word, Acrobat Reader, etc.) correctly appear in
screen, but this is not true with DVIWINDO. It appears with text shrunked
ocupying only half of the page in wide and out of borders in height.

  I assume that it may be a problem of DVIWINDO flags, because when I
transform DVI file using DVIPSONE the corresponding PS and PDF files look
perfect.

  I will appreciate very much any kind of help.

  Thanks in advance.

		Manuel Ato.