Dviwindo and monitor in position vertical

Mike Prager Mike.Prager at noaa.gov
Mon Nov 24 10:06:19 CET 2003

At 04:48 AM 11/24/2003, Manuel Ato Garcia wrote:

>Is there anybody using DVIWINDO with a monitor 90º tilted, in vertical
>position?

Yes, I am.

>There are now a few TFT monitors with this interesting characteristic and many
>graphic cards permit to change the orientation of monitors toward a vertical
>orientation.

Yes.  That is quite useful when working with text.

>I am using a Pentium 2.6 with a compatible NVIDIA GEFORCE 2 MX 400, a
>MAXDATA BELINEA 17" monitor and Windows XP. All programs I use with
>monitor in vertical orientation (Word, Acrobat Reader, etc.) correctly
>appear in screen, but this is not true with DVIWINDO. It appears with text
>shrunked ocupying only half of the page in wide and out of borders in height.

I am using Windows XP Professional with an ATI Radeon 7000 series card and
Pivot Pro screen-control software.  I have not had any problem.  I can let
you know that it does work in some configurations.  Unfortunately, I don't
have the experience or knowledge to suggest why it is not working in your
configuration.

I do suggest that you install the latest patches for Windows XP, the latest
video drivers for your card, and the latest version of any software you are
using to rotate the screen image.  Of course, that is only a guess.

Does your configuration work OK when the monitor is in its landscape
orientation?

--
Michael Prager
NOAA Center for Coastal Fisheries and Habitat Research

NOTE: Opinions expressed are personal, not official. No government
endorsement of any product is made or implied.