\bibstyle? Whose command is this?

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Thu Jun 26 11:09:07 CEST 2003

Sue Rodd writes:

> I understood that the \bibliographystyle is normally specified by the style
> file that you are using at the time, but I also think you can override that
> by putting an instruction just before \begin{thebibliography}.
>
> Like Mimi, I have F4 for Notepad, but there is a method given in the manual
> for adding a function key link to another program -- if you look in

See the smaller manual, section 3.3.2: ``Customizing the `TeX' Menu'
is all about the F-keys stuff. More also in the Technical Manual, in
section 6.6, ``Fine Points of DVIWindo's `TeX' Menu''.

> dviwindo.ini, you'll see things like "F4 = ..." that put in the links.  I
> don't have one for Bibtex, but clicking on it in the list under "tex" makes

? `Clicking on it in the list under "tex"' ... Sue, what do you mean?
You have a `BibTeX' word in your TeX menu but it's _not_ assigned an
F-key? Can you elaborate? What do you see ... and what does your .ini
file have for the BibTeX entry under [Applications]?

Maybe I've got the wrong command line in there!

> it work fine, since Mimi sent me a Bibtex that works.  I can run it from
> WinEdt too, now that I've got the path right in winedt.ini.

So that makes Mimi, Jean, Sue ... so surely from three different
people I should be able to find out what's different for me ;-)