DVIPSONE, hyperref, and browsers

Hossein Salehfar h_salehfar at und.nodak.edu
Tue Jun 10 13:10:06 CEST 2003

I am using YandY tex system with Dviwindo version 2.2.8 on Windows XP
pro.  I am trying to use the hyperref package with dvipsone option.
Everything works great and I can generate pdf files (using dvipsone and
Adobe Distiller 5.05) with active links etc working fine.  However, a
problem I am having is that when I click on a url link in my pdf file,
Netscape browser starts and begins to open the corresponding webpage.
But, after a couple of seconds or so, Netscape gives up and opens the
Netscape's homepage instead.  I have read the hyperref manual where on
page 6 it talks about dviwindo and the default browser (Netscape).  The
manual says:

"Note that if you use dviwindo, you may need to redefine the macro
\wwwbrowser (the default is c:\netscape\netscape) to tell dviwindow what
program to lunch. Thus, users of Internet Explorer might add something
like this to hyperref.cfg:

\renewcommand{wwwbrowser}{C:\string\Program\space
  Files\string\Plus!\string\Microsoft\space
  Internet\string\iexplore.exe}
"

Now,  I tried the above renewcommand, and since my IE explorer is in
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exea" directory, I typed
instead:

\renewcommand{wwwbrowser}{C:\string\Program\space
  Files\string\Internet\space
  Explorer\string\iexplore.exe}

But when I run Latex on my tex file, I get the error message saying
that:

"!Latex Error:  Wwwbrowser undefined"

I have tried a similar thing to give the right directory path to the
netscape 7.02 (which, in addition to IE Explorer 6.0, I also have on my
machine).  I get the same error.  I also tried to use exactly the same
\renewcommand in above as given in the manual but I still got the same
error.

I wonder if anyone has experienced the same problem or if anyone has a
solution to this.  I appreciate any help or hints on this.

Thanks,

Hoss  Salehfar

http://www.mailfiler.com [HS-NB8LWJ4]