Acrobat reader 6.0

Larry Tseng Lst at tsenginfo.com
Mon Jun 9 12:37:23 CEST 2003

Paul S=F6derlind writes:

> I just took a look at your pdf file chironmt.pdf with the mathtime example.
> Some words (like "weighted") look very strange: they are displayed a
> half line down with the new Acrobat Reader 6.0.

I downloaded chironmt.pdf a few moments ago and didn't see any problems
with either Acrobat Reader 6.0 on a Mac (OS X), nor Acrobat Pro 6.0 on a
Windows XP machine.

Do you mean to say that the baseline of the word "weighted" drops below
the baseline of the rest of the line? If so, Acrobat may have chosen an
inappropriate font to use. The word "weighted" needed an Adobe type 1
Times-Italic font, which wasn't embedded in the pdf. You can find out
what Acrobat actually used by checking the font list under File /
Document Properties / Fonts.

On my Mac here, Acrobat Reader used a true-type version of Times-Italic
and it looked fine. On my Windows machine, Acrobat Pro used the Monotype
type 1 version of TimesNewRoman Italic, and that looked fine as well.

Hope this helps.

Larry Tseng (Lst at tsenginfo.com)

--Just a Y&Y TeX user

thread-index: AcMtv0LGCLQDrnMlTIusZHX94CkEowA/JQhQ