Missing fonts?

Steve McKinnon sm at mine.queensu.ca
Fri Jun 6 16:49:13 CEST 2003

My mistake about the CM fonts. I thought they were standard, but I checked the
Y&Y site and you are right - they must be purchased! At least that issue is
solved.

I think you are right about this being a setup problem. I copied the original
hello_mt.dvi and dviwindo displays it fine. The problem is earlier, with the
LaTeX processing of the .tex file. I checked with the other demo .dvi files,
but as expected, dviwindo complained about missing fonts.

I LaTeX'd other files and they all return version 2.2.8 to the dviwindo.ini
file record and 2.2.4 to the .log file.

About WinEdt, I was previously using it with MikTeX and all worked fine. I
just switched the configuration to the Y&Y menu and it finds the LaTeX files
from the Y&Y installation okay. That's why the path to the editor is probably
non-standard.

Now for font locations. I did a search for mtex and found the following:
mtex.pfb and mtex.pfm both in c:\WINNT\Fonts
mtex.tfm in c:\yandy\fonts\nontext\tfm-mt
the c:\winnt\fonts directory has all of the .pfm fonts that are on the
installation disk, but I noticed it does not have any of the .pfb files that
are on the installation disk. However, it sounds like these are not needed.

Is the "corrupted NFSS tables." message in the YANDYTEX DOS box during texing
significant? There was an initial problem with my CD-ROM CTAN installation,
but I was sent a new CD-ROM with this fixed. This may be unrelated but could
be a piece of the puzzle.

Thanks again.

Steve