hello

Jim Nason nason at econ.ubc.ca
Fri Jun 6 09:07:15 CEST 2003

Hi YandY:  I recently bought TeX from YandY (with
Lucida Bright complete).  I had no trouble installing
YandY TeX on my laptop, but have had problems
with my desktop.  Both machines run Windows
XP pro.  The version on the desktop is an upgrade
from Windows Millennium.

The problems with YandY TeX on the desktop are

(1)  I open DVIWindo and open the file dvi_help.dvi
and get a dialog box with the heading WINPSLOG
with a big red X.  The box says at byte 143738.

(2)  I click on WinEdt.exe and get a dialog box that
states

  There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a
  disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1=20

I have to click on the cancel button in the dialog box
several times for WinEdit to open successfully.

Any help is appreciated.

     Sincerely,

     Jim Nason

***************************************
tel:  (604) 822-5994
fax: (604) 822-5915
web: http://eagle.econ.ubc.ca
Rm. 997, Buchanan Tower
Department of Economics
1873 East Mall
Vancouver,  BC
CANADA   V6T 1Z1

thread-index: AcMsQsemJtPE4RQgQjOIf+c0dXPOIAAAFURw