Problems with BibTeX

Jean Delayen delayen at jlab.org
Tue Jun 3 10:16:56 CEST 2003

Hello Mimi,

Progress but not quite there yet.

Mimi Burbank wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 12:01:19PM -0400, Jean Delayen wrote:
>

>>In advance, thanks for the help.
>>

>Hi Jean,
>
>Didn't want you to think we were ignoring you - a few of our
>"group" have been away - and I've now managed to report that
>I get pretty much the same thing you got....  and some different
>things...
>
>check the size of your   bibtex.exe file
>
>  it should be  172 Kb  --   the one that I had in  yandy\util
>       was 47 Kb or something like that...

My bibtex.exe in the \bibtex subdirectory is 164 KB dated 20-Nov-00
The one in \util was 47 KB but I have renamed it so it is out of the picture

>The crash of the development computer and subsequent rebuild
>with backup files - may have created a problem rather than fixed
>one....
>
>My CD had a  revtex4-beta  folder in it -   and most of the
>stuff in there was old and should be thrown away... and replaced
>with the new stuff from the aps web site.  You've done that I
>believe...

Yes I downloaded all the files recently

>do you have    c:\yandy\csf  \bib and \bst directories?

Actually it is a little different.
They are \yandy\bibtex\bib,  \csf  and \bst

>check your dviwindo.ini file (under C:\WINNT)  and see what
>your bibinput and bibtex paths show...   and report back to
>the techsupport at yandy.com list  ...

AHA!
Here is a piece of it where I see a problem

BIBINPUT=c:\yandy\bibtex\bib;c:\yandy\bibtex\contrib
BSTINPUT=c:\yandy\bibtex\bst;c:\yandy\bibtex\contrib
CSFINPUT=c:\yandy\bibtex\csf;c:\yandy\bibtex\contrib

My \yandy directory is in the d drive and not in the c drive.
I do not remember if I entered those manually at some point of if it was
done automatically at installation.
I fixed the entries in the ->preference->environment and now bibtex can
find the apsrev.bst
and 88591lat.csf in the appropriate directories.  I do not need to put
them with my source files.
However I still get the error:
3018: Sorry---you've exceeded BibTeX's wizard-defined function space 3000