[XeTeX] Typesetting arabic and european mix encoded in utf8

Niemann, Hartmut hartmut.niemann at siemens.com
Mon Jun 24 10:19:20 CEST 2024

Hello Jens,

yes, it does. I have switched from arabxetex to polyglossia, needed to fix a few font specifications, and now the results look correct (says out Egyptian intern).
The automatic RTL-LTR switching depending on the Unicode script information works perfectly, with the special case that we will
use non-breakable spaces u00a0 in some places to keep the sequence of non-arabic text fragments as needed.

Thank you for your help!

Hartmut