[XeTeX] Typesetting arabic and european mix encoded in utf8

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 12:22:19 CEST 2024

Hello,

I have not used Arabic but Urdu which uses a modified Arabic script. I have
a book written in Czech with just small parts in Hindi and Urdu and I do it
in XeLaTeX with the polyglossia package. A very small sample of the book is
here: http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz/bharat.php

The page contains a link to the presentation of typesetting the book. The
slides are in Czech because it was a national conference but slide #10
shows that the line break in the Urdu text is correct although the main
language of the paragraph is Czech.

Zdeněk Wagner
https://www.zdenek-wagner.eu/

út 11. 6. 2024 v 12:07 odesílatel Niemann, Hartmut via XeTeX <xetex at tug.org>