[XeTeX] XeTeX OpenType Features bug?

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 21:02:51 CEST 2023

I still use fontforge as fontlab is not really good for me. However, fontforge clearlyshows that the smcp table is there and the designers of the font use the .small nameextension in their mapping.  I have tried the following example
\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{xgreek}
\begin{document}
\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text,Ligatures=Common]{Hoefler Text}
\
This is a simple example. \textsc{This is a simple example}.
\end{document}
And xelatex produced the expected output. And I am not using a
"fancy" OS like Windows or MacOS. I am on Solaris.
Regards,Apostolos
----------------------Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece