[XeTeX] Uppercase in Armenian

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sun May 1 08:07:55 CEST 2022

the input uses a ligature character which has no corresponding uppercase,
you need to decompose the ligature before uppercasing, which \uppercase
can't do, you see the same in Latin script ff ligature

\uppercase{diff diff}

looks like DIFF DIff as the second one uses U+FB00 which has no uppercase.

 U+0587 ARMENIAN SMALL LIGATURE ECH YIWN

would be better input as  U+0565 U+0582

David