[XeTeX] Adobe PDF, Adobe Acrobat/Reader, Microsoft Word, XeTeX, and (x)dvipdfm(x).

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Fri May 28 14:40:19 CEST 2021

Hi,

Scanned through the thread, didn't see this link, it seems it's been a long
term issue...

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/85867/pdfopen-pdfclose-dont-work-with-acrobat-adobe-reader-xi

Paul

On Friday, 28 May 2021, Philip Taylor <P.Taylor at hellenic-institute.uk>
wrote:
> Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>
> use
>
> pdfclose --help
>
> It will tell you how to setup a DDE-name. They change every year. I
> have currently AcroviewR20
>

> Thank you Ulrike — in fact, I had just done that, but I learned as a
side-effect that "only documents opened by `pdfopen' can be closed by
`pdfclose'", which is something of a bummer in that almost all of my PDFs
will have been opened either by the (x)dvipdfm(x) back-end of XeTeX, or by
TeXworks ...