[XeTeX] Adobe PDF, Adobe Acrobat/Reader, Microsoft Word, XeTeX, and (x)dvipdfm(x).

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Fri May 28 13:44:20 CEST 2021

Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> use
> pdfclose --help
>
> It will tell you how to setup a DDE-name. They change every year. I
> have currently AcroviewR20

Thank you Ulrike — in fact, I had just done that, but I learned as a
side-effect that "only documents opened by `pdfopen' can be closed by
`pdfclose'", which is something of a bummer in that almost all of my
PDFs will have been opened either by the (x)dvipdfm(x) back-end of
XeTeX, or by TeXworks ...
--
/Philip Taylor/