[XeTeX] xetex, pstricks, dvipdfmx-unsafe.cfg

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Fri Mar 19 08:39:07 CET 2021

> On 19 Mar 2021, at 06:49, Akira Kakuto <kakuto at w32tex.org> wrote:
>
> Sorry, I'm not so familiar with Ghostscript and I don't understand the difference.
> The reported security problem is for Windows, so I think it is OK.
> In the latest dvipdfmx.cfg, I added -dSAFER explicitly in order not to allow
> dangerous sources on Windows.

Dear Akira,

Thanks for your answer. Two things puzzle me here:

- Since gs-9.50, SAFER is set by default according to the gs doc (not the man page, but I think that's an error). So adding -dSAFER shouldn't make a difference.

- To be sure, I added -dSAFER to dvipdfmx.cfg. That doesn't change a thing, I still get the same output as Herb. So things seem to work differently on Windows and on the Mac.

Using "xdvipdfmx -vvvv TransparencyTest.xdv" (the maximum verbosity level of xdvipdfmx), the only mention of pstricks.pro I get is in

TransparencyTest.xdv -> TransparencyTest.pdf
<AGL:texglyphlist.txt><AGL:pdfglyphlist.txt><AGL:glyphlist.txt>[1Executing special command:
Current input buffer is -->pdf:pagesize width 614.295pt height 794.96999pt<--
Executing special command:
Current input buffer is -->pdfcolorstackinit 1 page direct (0 g 0 G)<--
Executing special command:
Current input buffer is -->header=pstricks.pro<--
Executing special command:
Current input buffer is -->header=pst-algparser.pro<--
Executing special command:
Current input buffer is -->header=pst-tools.pro<--
Executing special command:
Current input buffer is -->header=pst-dots.pro<--
Executing special command:
Current input buffer is -->pdfcolorstack 1 push (0 g 0 G)<--
Executing special command:
Current input buffer is -->pdfcolorstack 1 pop<--
Executing special command:
Current input buffer is -->pdfcolorstack 1 push (0 g 0 G)<--
Executing special command:
Current input buffer is -->PST:  /pssetRGBcolor /setrgbcolor load def /pssetC...<--
Executing special command:
Current input buffer is -->PST: tx at Dict begin  gsave STV CP T /ps at rot 0 def g...<--
Executing special command:
Current input buffer is -->PST: tx at Dict begin  gsave STV CP T /ps at refangle 0....<--

Bruno