[XeTeX] Colour specials for XeTeX

BPJ bpj at melroch.se
Sun Jun 7 19:31:01 CEST 2020

Den sön 7 juni 2020 11:02Philip Taylor <P.Taylor at hellenic-institute.uk>
skrev:

>   As it turns out, the \special {color push} that
> he mentions no longer works, but \special {color push <color>}) does, as
> do the other two, yet I cannot find out where their behaviour
> is defined other than in the source code. /Surely /they must be defined
> somewhere, and not just have sprung into existence of
> their own volition ...

Well as everything in a computer program they are defined in the source
code.
It is not the first time some feature of a computer program is
insufficiently or not at all documented, and probably not the last time
either. It is certainly disappointing when you for whatever reason can't
figure them out from looking at the source code, but it is also good to
keep in mind that the reason some feature is undocumented often is that the
developers consider the feature unreliable. The code may be retained either
because the developers hope to fix it if and when they figure out how to do
it, or because removing it may cause other things to break, so there may be
"good" reasons if you can't get them to work as intended or expected.

I sincerely hope you find a workaround.

/Benct