[XeTeX] Colour specials for XeTeX

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Sun Jun 7 11:00:19 CEST 2020

Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> (x)dvipdfmx is the successor of dvipdfm and half of the
> documentation is in the dvipdfm documentation
>
> so
>
> texdoc dvipdfm
> texdoc dvipdfmx
>
> gives the two part ...

Well, thank you for that, Ulrike, but whilst "TeXdoc dvipdfm" sheds additional light on the matter, it /still/ doesn't define (as far as I can see),

  * \special {color push [<color>]}
  * \special {color <color>}
  * \special {color pop}

which were the specials that I was seeking to use following Jonanthan's 2005 advice.  As it turns out, the \special {color push} that
he mentions no longer works, but \special {color push <color>}) does, as do the other two, yet I cannot find out where their behaviour
is defined other than in the source code. /Surely /they must be defined somewhere, and not just have sprung into existence of
their own volition ...

Philip Taylor