[XeTeX] Translation commands for package dramatist to put in the marathi.ldf file

RD Holkar rohit.d.holkar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 16:10:56 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I want to use package dramatist to write a play in language Marathi. I am
using package polyglossia in XeLaTeX for Marathi. The package dramatist
prints some theatrical terms via some commands. E.g., the command
\scenename prints
"Scene (and scene number in roman)". I want the word दृश्य to be printed
instead of "Scene", and have the counter set to Devanagari script.
Therefore, following the package documentation, I use
\renewcommand{\scenename}{􏰞􏰟दृश्य} in the preamble. Similarly, I change
the counter to Devanagari script.

My question is, how can I add these translation commands to the ldf
(marathi.ldf) file for language Marathi in package poyloglossia so that I
do not have to keep writing these commands all the time in the preamble?
Thank you in advance.

What I really want is the command in marathi.ldf. I doubt if \renewcommand
can be directly put in the .ldf file, can it be? There are other packages
also for which such translations are required. The goal is to get general
trick to add the translation commands in the .ldf file, and update these
translations on Git repository of polyglossia. Then they will become
available to all users.

Thank you in advance.

-Rohit Dilip Holkar.