no more subject prefix for xetex mailing list

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Tue Mar 5 07:14:42 CET 2019

On Sun, Mar 03 2019 at 16:05 -07, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi - I've removed the "[XeTeX]" prefix on Subject lines from this
> mailing list (xetex)'s messages. It is my hope that this will reduce
> the ever-increasing flood of dmarc failures
> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMARC).

Perhaps the  Unicode list

https://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/

change addressed the same problem. Before the change in the configuration
was applied there was some explanation on the list which unfortunately I
don't remember. I don't remeber also when it was done so it makes
finding the relevant posting in the archive difficult.

>From a user point of view the only visible difference is the from line
in the form e.g.  Christoph Päper via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org> .

Best regards

Janusz

--
             ,