Index going beyond bottom margin

Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 14:16:08 CEST 2019

I am typesetting a Malayalam book in xelatex. In its final stages, I find
that the first column of the index goes beyond the bottom margin on the
first page, the second column onwards it is sticking to the margins. I have
typeset Malayalam books earlier also in xelatex, but never found such a
problem. This makes me wonder why the system behaves badly now. I looked at
the question here:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/291736/two-column-index-overflow,
but my problem is different. That problem was solved by moving a statement
from the body to the preamble, but I don't have any such command in the
body.

I would be really grateful if anyone can give an idea as to where to look
for a solution.

Sasi

--
V. Sasi Kumar