[XeTeX] popup windows in XeLaTeX?

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Sun Feb 25 16:59:59 CET 2018

Hi!

I use regularly XeLaTeX, but for a specific text I switched to LuaLaTeX
because using the engine, together with ocgx, seemed the simples way to
get footnotes in the form of the popup windows:

https://bitbucket.org/jsbien/parkosz-traktat/downloads/ParkoszLatin.pdf

Now I run into some problems with LuaTeX (wrong encoding of Polish
letters in the outline); it seems the solution exists but is not a
straightforward one.

Processing the text with XeLaTeX fails on \pdfstartlink, I am aware of a
thread concerning emulating it:

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/86027/how-to-emulate-pdfstartlink-and-pdfendlink-with-xetex

I would appreciate your advice what is the most easy and/or elegant way
to solve the problem.

Best regards

Janusz

P.S. I'm sorry for sending it first by mistake to xetex-request.

--
                           ,
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bien -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)