[XeTeX] Media9 buttons in RTL text

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Apr 24 23:09:42 CEST 2015

	Dear Karljürgen,

  I am glad that you were able to find a solution to your problem with
the help of David.  I did note your plea for help (already back in
October), and of course your private email to me two days ago, but while
I spent many hours trying to figure out what you were trying to do and
how to achieve it, I had no idea how to move forward from the particular
situation you were in 48 hours ago, especially considering your in my
opinion arbitrary and misguided decision to switch to LuaTeX.

  If you'll allow me a piece of advice, I would encourage you to in the
future always start by producing a concrete document that exhibits the
problem, explaining why you expect it to produce a different result (a
so-called minimal working example).  As you've seen today, doing so has
prompted someone to reply to you almost instantly with a working
solution.  It is very hard for anyone to give actual help without it.  I
know very well it can be hard for yourself to produce such a document,
but by the same token you're the only one who can do it - the example
you've sent to this list in reply to Ulrike a few days ago being typical
of a fake minimal example, that does not address a real problem.  And in
working on making an actual minimal example, you'll probably understand
the underlying technical issues yourself a little better.

  I want to improve how Hebrew, amongst other, is handled in
Polyglossia.  I don't think I can include David's solution to your
problem in any meaningful way, but I'll have a think about it (maybe
mentioning it in the documentation would be possible).  I'll keep in
touch with you about that.



More information about the XeTeX mailing list