[XeTeX] M'aidez, SVP : ** WARNING ** Version of PDF file (1.6) is newer than version limit specification.

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Nov 3 11:59:13 CET 2013

Dvipdfmx.cfg has been amended to read (in part) :

%% dvipdfmx.cfg for dvipdfmx and xdvipdfmx.  (Public domain.)
%%
%% PDF Version Setting
%%
%% PDF (minor) version stamp to use in output file.
%% This also implies maximal version of PDF file allowed to be included.
%% Dvipdfmx does not support 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 since TrueType font embedded
%% as CIDFontType2 requires at least version 1.3. Transparent imaging
%% model requires version 1.4. So if you want soft-masking support for
%% PNG image with alpha channels, you should set version to 4 or higher.
%% PDF 1.5 enables object compression.

V  7

yet the error persists. How may I eliminate this annoying
error message, please (I do not wish to regenerate or amend
the included file) ?

Philip Taylor