[XeTeX] Why I do get nonsense characters when I use unicode characters inside \message with XeTeX?

Vafa Khalighi vafaklg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 14:47:39 CET 2011

Thanks for the explanation. Indeed I am using \message here. \پیام is the
Persian equivalent of \message which I have used here. I also am now
attaching the log file. The tex source that I sent is the original one and
if you run xelatex on that, you also should get the same log file.

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Arthur Reutenauer <
arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org> wrote:

>  Off the top of my head, it could be that XeTeX truncates its output to
> 79 bytes (not characters), and that some of the UTF-8 byte sequences are
> (incorrectly) split in half.  The two codes you see on either side of
> the line (DB and B1), when interpreted as hexadecimal digits, are the
> UTF-8 form of U+06F1 EXTENDED ARABIC-INDIC DIGIT ONE.  But it's hard to
> tell without seeing the actual log file and the original source; clearly
> the file you attached isn't the whole story, because it does have any
> \message, and does not use an appropriate font.
>        Arthur
> --------------------------------------------------
> Subscriptions, Archive, and List information, etc.:
>  http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/xetex
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/attachments/20111105/36625d61/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: autobaselineskip-example.log
Type: text/x-log
Size: 46747 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/attachments/20111105/36625d61/attachment-0001.bin>

More information about the XeTeX mailing list