[XeTeX] Tricky Format: Page Number Outside The Footnote Area

Rin Itoshiki zetsurin89 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 23:37:04 CET 2011

Hello,

I'm making a latex style file based on a Word template. It has
complicated formatting and I haven't been able to reproduce it perfectly.

My problems are:
1. Messed up vertical spacing, I put the 'Abstract' section in a new
environment because it's all written in italic. If it's too short, a
large vertical space will appear in the document.
2. Page number, the template specified the page number to be aligned
with the bottom text area on the right of the text, I can't achieve this
since it's outside the footnote area. I think the page number must be
specified with some non-standard commands.
3. Conflicting ttf and mathfont package. I couldn't use metafont version
of Garamond, since it conflicts with the ttf fonts used for headings.

I have attached the original MS Word template along with a .tex example
file and .sty file. Please help me with the .sty so that it would look
like the Word template.

Thanks before

Regards,

Helmi FN.