[XeTeX] problem with small caps

David J. Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Thu Jan 20 01:59:41 CET 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Dyballa" <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE>
To: "Unicode-based TeX for Mac OS X and other platforms" <xetex at tug.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: [XeTeX] problem with small caps

> Am 19.01.2011 um 21:13 schrieb Khaled Hosny:
>
>> I thought the font without 'O' was an OpenType font with TrueType
>> outlines, not a Type1 font.

That is correct.  I use it the TTF-outline OpenType version of Libertine all
the time.

> XeLaTeX will fail when using the  non-O fonts.
This is not my experience (see above).  I use MiKTeX, not TeXlive, so have
no idea about other versions that come with the latter.  But: isn't XeTeX
able to use any font that is installed in the user's system?  I have a few
old Type 1 fonts still around and XeTeX can use them -- or at least the ones
I just tried -- just fine.

David