[XeTeX] Polyglossia/Split Hebrew footnote between pages

sjo sjo222 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 05:50:48 CET 2011

> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Gareth Hughes <garzohugo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you not use bidi's \RTLfootnote command? You're already loading bidi
> in the background if you're loading polyglossia to write Hebrew. Then
> you could write something like
>
> \def\hfootnote#1{\RTLfootnote{\hebrewfont #1}}
>
> Any good?
>
> Gareth.

Gareth, thanks. It does not split any of the footnotes, but the layout
looks very good. Thanks.

The footnote number goes on the left rather than the right (so I now
have English footnotes numbered left and Hebrew footnote numbers on
the right). But in a way that looks better.

Many thanks for your help. Jon