[XeTeX] Polyglossia/Split Hebrew footnote between pages

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Jan 10 00:45:53 CET 2011

sjo wrote:
> I am writing an English document using \begin{hebrew} to insert Hebrew
> text where necessary. Sometimes I have an English paragraph with a
> footnote that is a long piece of Hebrew text. So I use a macro such
> as:
>
>      \usepackage{polyglossia} ...
>
>      \def\hfootnote#1{\footnote{\RL{\hebrewfont #1}}}

Off the top of my head : you probably need a version of \RL that
sits within the braces rather than takes a balanced text
as parameter.  I am afraid I have no idea what that control
sequence might be called, though.

Philip Taylor