[XeTeX] Need some input about \newcommand to create alias

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Sat Nov 28 11:21:27 CET 2009

Am 28.11.2009 um 07:28 schrieb Wilfred van Rooijen:

> Hey, interesting. I tried and I get:

>>> snip snip
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.5 Test of subscripting: CO\textsubscript
>                                          {2}.

Well, we don't know what you where trying, cause you didn't bother to tell us, but I'm almost sure you forgot to load the package xltxtra, something you definitively should having around when using XeLaTeX.

The following works perfectly for me:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{xspace}
\newcommand{\cotwo}{CO\textsubscript{2}\xspace}

\begin{document}

\cotwo

\end{document}

Joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Institut für Germanistik, Tel.: 0228-737565
Vergleichende Literatur-  Fax: 0228-737479
und Kulturwissenschaft    www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de
der Universität Bonn      53012 Bonn