[XeTeX] polyglossia v.1.1.0 -- french problem

Rembrandt Wolpert wolpert at uark.edu
Sun Nov 22 20:41:31 CET 2009

It makes no difference to the problem if you take the babel out or not --
(BTW how do you use csquotes without babel?). So here a simpler example:

\documentclass[11pt,letter]{article}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{polyglossia}
\setdefaultlanguage[variant=british]{english}
\setotherlanguage{french}
\setotherlanguage[spelling=old]{german}

\setmainfont{Sabon Next LT Pro}

\begin{document}

this is silly

\end{document}

Results in:

(/usr/local/texlive/2008/../texmf-local/tex/latex/polyglossia/gloss-french.ldf
! Undefined control sequence.
l.23 \newXeTeXintercharclass
                            \french at punctthin % ! ? ;
?

Now what? Babel is obviously not the culprit.

Rembrandt

--
人有不為也而後可以有為