[XeTeX] polyglossia v.1.1.0 -- french problem

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Sun Nov 22 20:46:56 CET 2009

Besides the comment already made by Apostolos, I'd like to clarify two
points:

1. Polyglossia v1.1.0 is not compatible with the xelatex format provided
with TeXLive 2008 or earlier, because it makes use of
\newXeTeXintercharclass which has been recently added to xelatex.ini.
This is available in TL2009, however.
2. Once you have TL2009, make sure to update polyglossia to version
1.1.0a, which I have released today. It includes a bugfix for french and
a few other languages.

Best,
FC