[XeTeX] ArabXeTeX: Alif Maqsura

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Mar 16 12:07:24 CET 2009

Am Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:46:36 +0100 schrieb Tilman Hannemann:

> Hello Ulrike,
>
> Am 16.03.2009 um 10:50 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:
>

>> And more important I think my bidi.sty is different:
>>
>> I have:
>> Package: bidi 2008/07/01 v0.4 Bidirectional typesetting in XeLaTeX
>>
>> While you have
>> bidi 2008/07/07 v0.3
>>
>> It's a bit difficult to say, which one in newer ;-)
>
> Well, I looked on CTAN and they have 2008/07/07 v0.3 -- your version
> may have been a bit ahead of time, for one week.

But why has an older version (from the first july) a higher version
than a newer one. But I just tried with the v.0.3 from CTAN and
didn't had your problem. So I think we can exclude bidi as the
source of the problem.

>> If it doesn't help, get more informations on the font by running the
>> example on the command line with
>>
>> xelatex --output-driver="xdvipdfmx -vv" file
>>
>> This will show you which font is used and you can look if there are
>> some unusual messages.
>
> There is a warning at the end of the output, however, I don't know if
> it is "unusual" or not:

It is normal, I get it too. A bit unusual is that you don't get the
path of the fonts. I e.g. I see

<AGL:texglyphlist.txt>[1<Scheherazade(Scheherazade:Regular)@16.94pt<NATIVE-FONTM
AP:Scheherazade/H/65536/0/0> fontmap: Scheherazade/H/65536/0/0 ->
C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/ScheherazadeRegOT.ttf(Identity-H)

But that could be due to your OS. Try it out with other fonts. Are
you really sure that there is no other version of the font around
that could get in the way?

--
Ulrike Fischer